Our Academic Advisors can help you develop skills that support your progress at SMCC by providing you with a central place to access information on beneficial resources. We can also help you create an education plan that will meet your degree requirements, assist you in maintaining satisfactory academic progress (SAP), provide general college policy information, and assist you in successfully transferring your credits to other institutions.
Effective advising requires that the student and advisor contribute equally to the educational planning process. Advisors can assist you in clarifying your educational and personal goals and help create detailed plans for you to meet these goals. Students are strongly encouraged to communicate with an advisor regularly for continued academic success.
For more information please call Student Success Center at 602.243.8330 or email email@example.com.
Regular Business Hours:
Monday-Thursday: 8 a.m. – 7 p.m.
Friday: 9 a.m. – 5 p.m.
Closed Saturday and Sunday
Academic Advisement is currently serving students on a walk-in basis, and will resume appointments beginning January 22 2018.
NEW STUDENT INFORMATION
If you’re new to SMCC, getting started is easy! Just follow these simple steps:
- Apply and set up your MEID and student email
- Go to my.maricopa.edu to apply online. Select the “New Student” button
- Apply for Financial Aid (if applicable)
- Apply online every year for financial aid at FAFSA.ed.gov, view available scholarships or review work-study opportunities on campus.
- Submit Previous College Work (if applicable)
- Submit your official transcripts to our Admissions & Records office and check your student email account for further instructions after you have submitted your transcripts to the college.
- Take your Placement Test
- If you are planning to transfer to a four-year institution or get an Associates Degree, you will need to take a placement test to determine where you place in math, reading and English. Contact the testing center for testing dates and times.
- Attend New Student Orientation
- Call 602.243.8330 to schedule your new student orientation. This helpful two-hour session will review campus resources and degree requirements, and provide hands-on experience in choosing courses, creating a schedule, and registering for classes. You will also meet with an advisor and register for classes.
- Pay Tuition and Fees
- View your tuition and fees in your student center. Payments can be made online through the student center, in person at the Student Enrollment Services building, by phone (Visa, Master card, Discover, AMEX) at 602.305.5627, or in installments with a monthly payment plan.