Major Code: 5094
CIPS Code: 52.1401
Total Credits: 18
Description: The Certificate of Completion (CCL) in Marketing program meets students' needs by providing skills necessary for marketing careers. The program is designed to develop competencies essential for success in marketing. By completing this program students will be better equipped to apply competencies needed for successful performance in a variety of marketing/management occupations including wholesaling, retailing, professional sales, and entrepreneurship. An Associate in Applied Science (AAS) is also available.
Students must earn a grade of C or better for all courses required within the program. ++ indicates any suffixed courses.
5. Identify the fundamental characteristics and functions of modern business, including business principles, marketing, labor relations, and business risk. (GBS151)
6. Identify advertising objectives for a business situation and analyze a business situation in the context of its market. (MKT263)
7. Identify the characteristics of a given market and select the appropriate media for the market. (MKT263)
8. Demonstrate how customers, company, product and/or service, competitor and marketplace information can facilitate the selling process. (MKT267)
9. List and describe the major techniques for negotiating and overcoming objections, the types of buying signals, how to close a sale, and the major types of follow-up and customer service activities.(MKT267)
10. Describe basic marketing principles as they relate to a corporate business structure and a local entrepreneur. (MKT271)
All information published is subject to change without notice. Every effort has been made to ensure the accuracy of information presented, but based on the dynamic nature of the curricular process, course and program information is subject to change.
Complete information for CCL - Marketing can be found HERE
Please refer to the MCCCD CCTA website for official information on all programs.