Major Code: 5286
CIPS Code: 52.1401
Total Credits: 24
Description: The Certificate of Completion (CCL) in Retail Management is designed to prepare individuals working in the Retail industry, and related fields, for the industry training needs in supervision and management, marketing, financial management, and business planning. The curriculum encompasses several business essentials and also emphasizes the skill sets needed for effective management and communication in the work environment.
Students must earn a grade of "C" or better required for all courses within the program.
|ACC111||Accounting Principles I (3) OR|
|ACC211||Financial Accounting (3)||3|
|BPC110||Computer Usage and Applications (3) OR|
|CIS105||Survey of Computer Information Systems (3)||3|
|COM100||Introduction to Human Communication||3|
|GBS110||Human Relations in Business and Industry (3) OR|
|MGT251||Human Relations in Business (3)||3|
|MGT180||Retail Management (3) OR|
|GBS270AC||Business Internship (3) OR|
|GBS296WC||Cooperative Education (3) OR|
|GBS298AC||Special Projects (3)||3|
|MGT101||Techniques of Supervision (3) OR|
|MGT229||Management and Leadership I (3)||3|
|MGT179||Utilizing the Human Resources Department (3) OR|
|MGT276||Personnel/Human Resources Management (3)||3|
|MKT271||Principles of Marketing||3|
1. Identify the impact of accounting events on the financial statements, decision making, and financial performance measures. (ACC111, ACC211)
2. Explain fundamental computer concepts and programming techniques and perform basic operations on the computer. (BPC110, CISI05)
3. Demonstrate skills in leading, negotiating, and working in harmony with others in a business setting. (GBS110, MGT251)
4. Demonstrate communication principles and critical thinking through written and oral formats. (COM100)
5. Apply basic math skills to calculate interest, payroll, rate of change, discounts, markup, pricing, gross margin, and net margin. (ACC111, ACC211)
6. Describe various leadership styles and management techniques and explain their use in contemporary business settings. (MGT101, MGT229)
7. Identify current trends in Human Resource management and utilization and career opportunities within the industry. (MGT179, MGT276)
8. Describe merchandising, financial planning, and strategy in the industry (MGT180, GBS270AC, GBS296WC, GBS298AC)
9. Apply marketing principles to the development of a marketing strategy. (MKT271)
All information published is subject to change without notice. Every effort has been made to ensure the accuracy of information presented, but based on the dynamic nature of the curricular process, course and program information is subject to change.
Complete information for CCL - Retail Management can be found HERE
Please refer to the MCCCD CCTA website for official information on all programs.