Major Code: 5192
CIPS Code: 52.0701
Total Credits: 11
Description: The Certificate of Completion (CCL) in Small Business Entrepreneurship program prepares students to acquire the skills, tools and knowledge necessary for successful start-up and operations of a profit-making business. Emphasis is placed on evaluating potential business opportunities, developing a business plan, and practical application of small business operating principles. Students develop a foundation of business start-up strategies and practices that will enable them to prosper in the ever-changing small business environment.
Students must earn a grade of "C" or better required for all courses within the program.
|Students should select two (2) credits from any of the following courses:|
|SBS211||Small Business Computer Applications||1|
|SBS214||Small Business Customer Relations||1|
|SBS215||Managing Stress in Small Business||1|
|SBS216||Planning for a Small Business||2|
|SBS217||Starting/Managing a Home Business||1|
|SBS218||Establishing an Import/Export Business||1|
|SBS220||Internet Marketing for Small Business||2|
|MGT253||Owning and Operating a Small Business||3|
1. Prepare a detailed business plan for a specific business opportunity to the professional standards required of a lending institution or venture capitalist. (EPS195)
2. Apply problem-solving processes to problems in small business daily operations. (SBS200)
3. Describe the use of advertising media/public relations for a small business. (SBS204)
4. Describe sources, costs and evaluation methods for media use. (SBS204)
5. Create a financial plan for a small business. (SBS203)
6. Apply basic accounting principles to a small business. (SBS202)
7. Complete tax forms needed for most small businesses. (SBS202)
8. Describe effective staff planning personnel cost control and discipline methods. (SBS213)
All information published is subject to change without notice. Every effort has been made to ensure the accuracy of information presented, but based on the dynamic nature of the curricular process, course and program information is subject to change.
Complete information for CCL - Small Business Entrepreneurship can be found HERE
Please refer to the MCCCD CCTA website for official information on all programs.