Major Code: 5706
CIPS Code: 52.0703
Total Credits: 12
Description: The Certificate of Completion (CCL) in Small Business Start-Up program is designed to meet the needs of individuals who wish to become entrepreneurs. Courses provide a background in marketing, management, finance, and a capstone course in which students complete a business plan. The goal of the Small Business Start-Up certificate is to create a foundation for prospective small business owners and contribute to the long-term success of the business community.
Students must earn a grade of "C" or better for all courses within the program.
1. Describe the strategic, operational and functional role in marketing plays in business growth. (MKT271)
2. Describe the effects of leadership styles, employee styles, and interpersonal communication methods on the role of the supervisor. (SBS213)
3. Create techniques to motivate employees and encourage positive behavior. (SBS213)
4. Describe how customer perceptions of a business are formed and identify key strategies for improving customer perception. (SBS214)
5. Present an overview of the Internet as a marketing tool for your business needs. (SBS220)
6. Apply basic accounting principles to a small business. (SBS230)
7. Conduct a self-analysis to determine if one has the personal qualities essential for owning and operating a small business.
8. Create a business plan. (MGT253)
All information published is subject to change without notice. Every effort has been made to ensure the accuracy of information presented, but based on the dynamic nature of the curricular process, course and program information is subject to change.
Complete information for CCL - Small Business Start-Up can be found HERE
Please refer to the MCCCD CCTA website for official information on all programs.