Thank you for considering South Mountain Community College for your next meeting or event. The college reflects the diversity and inclusion of our surrounding community — a rich blend of rural, urban, and suburban neighborhoods. The facilities at South Mountain Community College are primarily used for student learning, however, when space is available, we are pleased to support the needs of businesses, industries, non-profit organizations, and the general community.
South Mountain Community College is located at 7050 S. 24th St. in Phoenix, Arizona. The I-10 freeway is less than five miles away, and we are in line with the metropolitan bus routes. Plus, there are numerous restaurants, markets, and shops adjacent to the campus for your convenience.
Internal Employees (South Mountain Community College):
- South Mountain Community College employees, please submit all facilities requests via 25Live or via the 25Live mobile scheduling.
- Please enter all specifics, resources (tables, chairs, etc.), layout, technology needs, etc. Please refer to the 25Live pdf training booklet.
- Please submit all meeting room requests at least 24 hours in advance via 25Live.
- Please note all PAC-708 requests must be pre-approved by Rob Duggan, program analyst.
- If requesting for a large campus event (e.g. conference, luncheon, performance, ceremony, etc.), please submit the 25Live request one month in advance of the event date to allow ample time for availability, processing, technology, maintenance, temperature controls needs, staffing needs, etc.
External Clients (including our sister campuses in Maricopa Community Colleges and District Office employees):
- External clients, please complete the External Event Intake Form one month in advance of the event date to start the request.
- Please enter all specifics, resources (tables, chairs, etc.), layout, technology needs, etc. onto the external event intake form.
- Within a two week timeframe of submitting the intake form, a member of our facilities and events team (see Contact Information tab below) will be in communication with you to discuss your submission, specifics, technology needs, maintenance, temperature controls needs, staffing needs, etc.
- Please note, a co-sponsored event requires an external client/organization AND (1) a board-approved Maricopa Community College employee named, (2) have the named employee actively involved with the planning of the event, and (3) be present for the event held on campus, in conjunction with the external client/organization.
- All co-sponsorship requests must be submitted one month in advance of the event date for possible consideration and administration review and decision. Please contact our facilities and events team (see Contact Information tab below) to obtain the co-sponsorship request forms.
Campus Closure Event Requests:
- Please note, both internal employees and external clients, requesting an event during a campus closure (e.g. spring break, winter break, holiday), must contact our facilities and events team (see Contact Information tab below) for specific criteria, guidelines, and process.
- These special requests must be submitted one month in advance of the event date for possible consideration and administration review and decision.
South Mountain Community College has several venues available for events:
|Performing Arts Center Auditorium, PAC-708
|Library Community Room (half), SMCL-L162 or SMCL-L163
|Library Community Room Combined – SMCL-L162/L163
|Library Conference Room – SMCL-L105
|Student Union Lounge – SU100 ABC
|Classrooms for Breakout Sessions
South Mountain Community College has a set established facility rental rates and fees for our venues. Below are the facilities rental rates and fees:
Please note: After hours rates apply after 10:00 pm Monday through Friday and all-day Saturday and Sunday. (effective as of 12/18/18)
All external facility rentals require a Certificate of Insurance. The certificate must name Maricopa County Community College District (MCCCD) as the certificate holder and include the following insurance coverages, at $1,000,000 each:
- Commercial General Liability (GL)
- Commercial Automobile Liability (AL)
- Workers’ Compensation (WC)
For more information or questions, please contact a member of the South Mountain Community College Facilities and Events Team:
|Diana Daddo, Property and Materials Specialist Senior
|Don Jensen-Bobadilla, M.Ed., Program Analyst
Maricopa County Community College District (MCCCD) is an EEO/AA institution and an equal opportunity employer of protected veterans and individuals with disabilities. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, or national origin. A lack of English language skills will not be a barrier to admission and participation in the career and technical education programs of the college.
The Maricopa Community Colleges do not discriminate on the basis of race, color, national origin, sex, disability or age in its programs or activities. For Title IX/504 Concerns, call the following number to reach the appointed coordinator: (480) 731-8499. For additional information, as well as a listing of all coordinators within the Maricopa College system, visit the following web link: https://distict.maricopa.edu/consumer-information/non-discrimination-statements.
El distrito de Los Colegios Comunitarios de Maricopa (cuyas siglas en inglés son MCCCD) es una institución EEO/AA y un empleador con igualdad de oportunidades para veteranos protegidos y personas con discapacidades. Todos los solicitantes calificados recibirán consideración para empleo sin considerar raza, color, religión, sexo, orientación sexual, identidad de género, u origen nacional. La falta de destrezas del idioma inglés no es un impedimento para admisión y participación en programas de educación Técnica del colegio.
Los Colegios Comunitarios de Maricopa no discriminan con base a raza, color, origen nacional, sexo, discapacidad o edad en sus programas o actividades. Sí tiene preguntas sobre título IX/504, llama al siguiente número para comunicarse con el coordinador designado: (480) 731-8499. Para obtener información adicional, así como una lista de todos los coordinadores dentro del sistema de Colegios Comunitarios de Maricopa, visite el siguiente enlace web: https://district.maricopa.edu/consumer-information/non-discrimination-statements.