- Building: TC 214
- Phone: 602/305-5763
- Email: email@example.com
MAT091 - Introductory Algebra
MAT095 - Introductory Algebra/College Algebra Prep
MAT141 - College Mathematics
MAT142 - College Mathematics
MAT145 - College Mathematics with Review
MAT151 - College Algebra/Functions
MAT156 - College Algebra/Functions with Review
|Monday:||2:00 p.m. - 4:30 p.m.|
|Tuesday:||1:30 p.m. - 3:15 p.m.|
|Wednesday:||2:00 p.m. - 4:30 p.m.|
|Thursday:||1:30 p.m. - 3:15 p.m.|
|Friday:||By appointment only|
I have been teaching Introductory Algebra, Intermediate Algebra, College Mathematics, and College Algebra over 30 years. I believe that learning takes place when a teacher is willing to give many chances for learners to make changes and adjustment in study habits. In Japanese, the purpose of schooling is to build three C's: connection, character, and content. I always learn to implement alternative form of assessments techniques; about how students think in problem-solving. I like to keep on learning to be innovative in pedagogy as well as assessment techniques to the diverse group. One of my professional goals is to have a better understanding of how student learning and understanding Mathematics concepts, something that makes sense to them. I implement the use of technologies in order to make mathematics more engaging to students at the same time to increase higher order thinking skills based on Bloom's Taxonomy. I participated in Maricopa Summer Institute (MSI) in 2011 and MSI 2.0 (Advanced) based on research in 2014. I presented Bilingual Nursing in International Conference in Hawaii in 2017. I have been working with Maricopa Community Colleges since 1990. More About Me:
- "Maricopa Summer Institute" for Developmental Education June 2011.
- Participated in AMATYC 2006 Summer Institute USACE Armymill Duck, North Carolina.
- 1999 - Present as a life-long learner (over 45 hours) Northern Arizona University.
- 1987 - 1992 M. Ed. (Master of Secondary Education in Mathematics) Arizona State University, Tempe AZ.
- 1980- 1984 Bandung Institute of Teacher's Training (IKIP Bandung) major in Mathematics Education and minor in Physics. West-Java Indonesia.
- Member of American Mathematical Association of Two Year College (AMATYC).
- Member of Arizona Mathematics Teachers (ArizMATYC).
- Past member of National Council of Teacher of Mathematics (NCTM) and Mathematical Association of America (MAA).
- Past member of Arizona Association of Teachers of Mathematics (AATM)
- 2002 Adjunct faculty of the Year in Maricopa Community College (MCCCD)
- 1998 Who's Who Among America's Teachers
Maximizer | Individualization | Achiever | Learner | Analytical