Prof. Allaham began her Engineering career as a product Engineer in the steel structural industry. Soon after she had her Master’s degree, Prof. Allaham joined the water resources family and became QSAS certified (Qatar Sustainability Assessment System). She has worked in private, public and NGOs sectors; and has worked in five different countries in the area of Water and Wastewater, Water diplomacy, Water Auditing, Treatment, Management, Environment Impact Assessment and sustainability. Prof. Allaham participated in many national and international conferences and workshops, and has published works addressing the water and environmental fields. She began teaching engineering at the University of Petra and then The University of Jordan for five years before moving to the US. While there, she trained many Engineers in the field of infrastructure and the treatment of water, waste water, and hydrology. In 2015 she moved to United States and joined South Mountain Community College as an Adjunct Faculty, and taught summer courses as an adjunct at Estrella Mountain Community College. By August 2018, she has been hired as an Engineering Lab Manager at SMCC. In addition to her adjunct roll, Prof. Allaham teaches all core transferable Engineering courses in Static, Dynamics and Mechanics of Materials.
B.Sc – Civil Engineering (1999) M.Sc.– Civil Engineering (2002) Publications:
- Team Member ‘’ LEED Gap Analysis – Respecting Diversity Through the Localization of the LEED Rating System in the Region – Jordan as a Case Study‘’, JGBC, year 2012-Jordan.
- ‘’Water Users’ Associations in Jordan Valley, a Success Story for PPP’’, in the Sixth IWA Conference, Efficient 2011, year 2011-Deadsea, Jordan.
- Research Paper as a co-author in ‘’Raising Water Use Efficiency in Jordan Valley Farms’’, in the sixth IWA Conference, Efficient 2011, year 2011-Jordan.
- Research Paper as a co-author in ‘’Impacts of Applying the Cost Recovery Policy on the Socio-Economic and Marketing Trends in the Jordan Valley’’, in the First Arab Water Week, year 2010-Jordan.
- Research Paper as a co-author in ‘’Introducing the Cost Recovery Component as a Potential Factor for the Selection Mechanism of WEAP Model; the case of North and Middle Jordan Valley’’, in the First Arab Water Week, year 2010-Jordan.
Prof. Allaham is an active member of the American Society for Engineering Education (ASEE), US Green building Council- Arizona chapter (AZGBC), AZ water Association (AZWA) and American Muslim’s Woman Association (AMWA). She was a Jordan Green Building Council JGBC board member (June 2012-June 2016) and an active member since established; is a member in sustainable steering committee in (Jordan Engineering Association), and jury member in Hashemite Fund for Human Development (JOHUD) for Jo-Green Competition (2013 -2015).