New to SMCC?
General Eligibility Requirements:
Each applicant with a disability must be enrolled as a Maricopa Community College student and must provide the SMCC DRS Office with the required documentation verifying the nature and extent of the disability prior to receiving any accommodation. The DRS Manager will be responsible for evaluating all documentation and determining accommodation eligibility.
Use this link to access more information on documentation.
- Complete online application on DRS Connect
- Review your email frequently
- Request accommodations and sign release form on DRS Connect
- Contact DRS office to schedule individual or group orientation at (602)243-8395 or Student Services Room 129 (SS129)
- Communicate with instructor to ensure that they have received your Confidential Instructor Notification Form (CINF) from DRS (1-2 business days)
- Meet with instructor to discuss accommodation details
- Repeat steps 3-6 at the start of each semester
*A downloadable step-by-step guide for completing the DRS accommodation steps can be found under the forms tab.
Please request services in a timely manner, per the guidelines below:
|Service Requested||Notice Required|
|Testing Accommodations (including Accuplacer)||5 business days|
|Note Taker||2 weeks (prior to the start of the semester)|
|Classroom Accommodations||2 weeks (prior to the start of the semester)|
|Sign Language Interpreter||1 month|
|Special Format Text/Enlarged Print||2 months|
|Alternative Text||2 months|