Major Code: 5715
CIPS Code: 13.1209
Total Credits: 16
Description: The Certificate of Completion (CCL) in Infant and Toddler Development program prepares individuals with foundational knowledge on the development of the young child. Included topics are child health, physical milestones, and cognitive development. Also covered are adult/child relationship building, and communication and language acquisition.
Students must earn a grade of "C" or better in all courses within the program.++ indicates any module/suffixed courses.
|EED205||The Developing Child: Prenatal to Age Eight||3|
|EED215||Early Learning: Health, Safety, Nutrition and Fitness||3|
|EED260||Early Childhood Infant/Toddler Internship||1|
|ITD200||The Physical Child: Birth to Age Three||3|
|ITD210||Early Attachments, Relationships and Families: Birth to Age Three||3|
|ITD220||Cognition and Communication: Birth to Age Three||3|
1. Describe the physical development of young children and corresponding nutritional and fitness needs. (EED205, EED215, ITD200)
2. Examine appropriate health and safety standards, practices, and documentation in early childhood settings. (EED215, ITD200)
3. Contrast the major research and theories within the field of child development. (EED205, ITD210)
4. Summarize the cognitive and psychosocial development of the young child. (EED205, ITD210, ITD220)
5. Describe attachment and relationship development between adults and the young child and its impact on child development. (ITD210, ITD220)
6. Summarize language development and communication skills in the young child. (ITD220)
7. Apply early childhood education skills in the early care and education setting. (EED205, EED215, EED260, ITD200, ITD210, ITD220)
All information published is subject to change without notice. Every effort has been made to ensure the accuracy of information presented, but based on the dynamic nature of the curricular process, course and program information is subject to change.
Complete information for CCL - Infant and Toddler Development can be found HERE
Please refer to the MCCCD CCTA website for official information on all programs.