Major Code: 5522
CIPS Code: 30.1701
Total Credits: 20
Description: The Certificate of Completion (CCL) in Basic Behavioral Health is designed to prepare students for careers as behavioral health technicians, case managers, parent aides, family advocates, respite care workers, and paraprofessional counselors. The program includes courses designed to provide students with the skills necessary to deliver basic behavioral health services. The core focus of the program is practical training and service learning experiences. GC, SM
Students must earn a grade of "C" or better in all courses within the program.
|BHS101||Introduction to Ethical Counseling Issues||3|
|BHS105||Introduction to Human Relations||2|
|BHS151||Communication Skills in Counseling I||3|
|BHS204||Counseling in Multicultural Setting||3|
|BHS205||Therapeutic Intervention Models||3|
|BHS260||Case Report Writing||1|
|BHS290||Child and Family Advocacy||3|
|BPC101AA||Introduction to Computers I||1|
|CWE198AA||Career Work Experience||1|
1. Describe the role, function, and responsibility of a paraprofessional counselor. (BHS105)
5. Demonstrate necessary skills for establishing and maintaining a helping relationship. (BHS151)
8. Describe culture and counseling and basic issues for multicultural clientele. (BHS204)
9. Describe the family and importance of behavioral health, parental rights, family and relevant dynamics for advocacy. (BHS290)
10. Practice behavioral health delivery skills in a human services agency. (CWE198AA)
11. Identify at least five models of therapeutic intervention used in behavioral health settings. (BHS205)
12. Demonstrate ability to perform basic computer operations and file management. (BPC101AA)
All information published is subject to change without notice. Every effort has been made to ensure the accuracy of information presented, but based on the dynamic nature of the curricular process, course and program information is subject to change.
Complete information for CCL - Basic Behavioral Health can be found HERE
Please refer to the MCCCD CCTA website for official information on all programs.