Major Code: 5348
CIPS Code: 51.0805
Total Credits: 17
Description: The Certificate of Completion (CCL) in Pharmacy: Customer Service program is designed to provide students with the knowledge and skills needed to meet the challenges of working in the retail pharmacy environment. The courses will cover federal and state pharmacy regulations and pharmacy services including prescription dispensing and drug distribution and control. Emphasis will be on providing quality customer service and using effective communications and interpersonal skills when dealing with pharmacy customers and personnel.
Students must earn a grade of "C" or better for all courses within the program.
|CSR139||Introduction to Retail Pharmacy Customer Care||3|
|CSR156||Retail Pharmacy Procedures||2|
|CSR160||Pharmacy Practice for the Customer Service Representative||1|
|CSR162||Pharmacy Operations for the Customer Service Representative||3|
|CSR280AB||Customer Service Internship||2|
|GBS120||Workplace Communication Skills||3|
|PHT120||Pharmacy Technician Responsibilities||3|
4. Apply ethical and legal standards of pharmacy practice. (CSR160, CSR280AB, PHT120)
5. Maintain patient medication profiles. (CSR162, CSR280AB, PHT120)
6. Utilize mechanical drug delivery systems. (CSR280AB, PHT120)
8. Demonstrate record keeping skills associated with dispensing of medications. (CSR280AB, PHT120, GBS120)
9. List the federal requirements for prescription labels. (CSR162, PHT120)
10. Describe duties of the pharmacy technician regarding non-prescription drug products. (CSR280AB, PHT120)
11. Describe and Use HIPAA related documents (CSR156)
12. Use and access customer service and customer account skills (CSR156)
All information published is subject to change without notice. Every effort has been made to ensure the accuracy of information presented, but based on the dynamic nature of the curricular process, course and program information is subject to change.
Complete information for CCL - Pharmacy: Customer Service can be found HERE
Please refer to the MCCCD CCTA website for official information on all programs.