Major Code: 5791
CIPS Code: 11.1006
Total Credits: 13
Description: The Certificate of Completion (CCL) in Hardware and Networking Basics program is designed to prepare students with the skills necessary for entry-level positions in computer maintenance. Courses focus on training the student in computer setup, maintenance, and troubleshooting, as well as local area networks (LANs). Courses also prepare students for the CompTia A+ and Network+ Certification Exams.
Students must earn a grade of "C" or better in all courses within the program.
1. Summarize the fundamental principles of using personal computers, laptops, portable devices, Operating systems and peripheral devices. (BPC170)
2. Summarize the fundamental principles of networks and security. (BPC170)
5. Explain common hardware components of computer systems and describe their uses. (CIS105, CIS121AE)
6. Demonstrate use of a computer operating system. (CIS121AE)
7. Explain Local Area Network (LAN) hardware, software, and topologies. (CIS190)
8. Assess Local Area Network (LAN) benefits, uses, and security issues. (CIS190)
All information published is subject to change without notice. Every effort has been made to ensure the accuracy of information presented, but based on the dynamic nature of the curricular process, course and program information is subject to change.
Complete information for CCL - Hardware and Networking Basics can be found HERE
Please refer to the MCCCD CCTA website for official information on all programs.