Major Code: 5793
CIPS Code: 11.0201
Total Credits: 16-45
Description: The Certificate of Completion (CCL) in Mobile Apps Programming is designed to prepare individuals with the skills necessary to develop and distribute applications for mobile devices. Courses will include Mac Operating System, Adobe Photoshop, and Hypertext Markup Language (HTML)/Cascading Styles Sheets (CSS) for the development of iPhone, Android, and Windows 8 App development.
The Computer Information System (CIS) courses required by this program are not applicable if taken more than eight (8) years prior to the completion of the certificate program. Consult with an Academic Advisor for complete information. Students must earn a grade of "C" or better for all courses within the program.
|CIS150||Programming Fundamentals (3) AND|
|Certificate of Completion in Programming (5047) (21-26) OR|
|Certificate of Completion in Programming and System Analysis (5048) (24) OR|
|Permission of Department or Division Chair.|
1. Create, edit, and manipulate images. (CIS120DF)
2. Demonstrate use of a Mac operating system. (CIS121AI, CIS165)
3. Use Hypertext Markup Language (HTML). (CIS132)
4. Use Cascading Style Sheets (CSS) to format webpage elements. (CIS132)
5. Develop applications for iPhone. (CIS165)
6. Describe software tools and programming techniques for developing Android device applications. (CIS165DA)
7. Develop applications for Android devices. (CIS165DA)
8. Develop applications for Windows 8 smartphones and tablets. (CIS165DB)
9. Package applications for distribution. (CIS165, CIS165DA, CIS165DB)
All information published is subject to change without notice. Every effort has been made to ensure the accuracy of information presented, but based on the dynamic nature of the curricular process, course and program information is subject to change.
Complete information for CCL - Mobile Apps Programming can be found HERE
Please refer to the MCCCD CCTA website for official information on all programs.