Major Code: 5193
CIPS Code: 11.0501
Total Credits: 36-39
Description: The Certificate of Completion (CCL) in Information Technology: Programming and Mobile Development program is designed to provide students with the design and programming skills necessary for entry-level computer programming support positions, with an emphasis on mobile apps. An Associate in Applied Science (AAS) in Information Technology: Programming and Mobile Development program is also available.
Students must earn a grade of "C" or better in all courses within the program. Students should consult with a Department Advisor in arranging their schedules.
|CIS120DF||Adobe Photoshop Level I: Digital Imaging||3|
|CIS132||HTML/CSS (3) OR|
|CIS133DA||Internet/Web Development Level I (3)||3|
|CIS159||Visual Basic Programming I||3|
|CIS162AD||C#: Level I||3|
|CIS163AA||Java Programming: Level I||3|
|CIS165||Introduction to iPhone Application Programming||3|
|CIS165DA||Android Mobile Device Programming||3|
|CIS165DB||C#/VB.NET: Windows 8 App Development||3|
|CIS233D+||Internet/Web Development (Any module)||3|
|CIS259||Visual Basic Programming II (3) OR|
|CIS262AD||C#: Level II (3)||3|
|CIS263AA||Java Programming: Level II||3|
2. Use VB.NET language to solve problems using appropriate forms, tools, and language components. (CIS159, CIS259)
3. Use C# language to solve problems using appropriate forms, tools, and language components. (CIS162AD, CIS262AD)
4. Develop Windows Store apps using XAML forms and code behind with VB or C#. (CIS165DB)
5. Create and instantiate custom classes with Object-oriented programming. (CIS259, CIS262AD)
6. Develop applications that access, query, update and display stored data. (CIS259, CIS262AD, CIS263AA)
7. Use Active Server Pages (ASP.NET) technology to deliver dynamic web pages. (CIS259, CIS262AD)
9. Develop mobile app applications for Android platform. (CIS165DA)
10. Develop mobile apps for iOS devices (iPhone and/or iPad). (CIS165)
11. Use Objective-C and/or Swift language to solve coding problems/algorithms. (CIS165)
12. Develop mobile app applications for Windows platform. (CIS165DB)
13. Create and optimize images for Web production. (CIS120DF)
18. Create and incorporate advanced web design features and enhancements.(CIS233D+)
All information published is subject to change without notice. Every effort has been made to ensure the accuracy of information presented, but based on the dynamic nature of the curricular process, course and program information is subject to change.
Complete information for CCL - Information Technology: Programming and Mobile Development can be found HERE
Please refer to the MCCCD CCTA website for official information on all programs.