Search South Mountain Community College Website
SMCC Cougar facebook South Mountain Community College twitter SMCC youtube Videos

Industrial Injury

Public Safety

College employees should report ALL accidents and incidents, even if medical treatment is unnecessary.

The Maricopa Community Colleges provides, at no cost to the employee, Industrial Compensation Insurance. A work-related injury or illness is one in which the injury or illness arises out of the course of your employment during working hours.

Any injury to an employee during working hours must be reported immediately to the employee’s supervisor and College Police.

The employee and the supervisor must complete the Supervisor’s Report of Industrial Injury. If medical attention is sought, the Supervisor’s Report of Injury is to be forwarded to the College Police Office immediately. College Police will complete the Employer’s Report of Industrial Injury.

All completed forms are then forwarded to the Maricopa Employee Benefits Department. All injuries must be reported and forms completed within 24 hours of the injury.

If medical attention is needed, pursuant to ARS 23-908 Sec. E, the employee should proceed to the nearest Concentra Medical Center (CMC) or Healthworks Medical Walk-in Center (HW MWI) for initial treatment of the injury. If the situation is life-threatening, call 9-1-1 for ambulance transport to the nearest hospital emergency room.