SMCC college regulations governing motor vehicles operated by SMCC students are under the jurisdiction of College Administration. The following regulations apply to ALL members of the college community, including students, faculty, staff, and visitors.
- The maximum speed limit on campus is 15 m.p.h.
- Drivers must observe and comply with all traffic control devices. All vehicles must stop at marked crosswalks and yield to pedestrian traffic within the crosswalks.
- Persons driving on campus must follow directions given by Public Safety Officers and furnish students or other identification when so required.
- Students may park in any marked parking space except those marked Visitors, Handicapped, Maintenance, No Parking or any area with a red or yellow curb.
- Persons having a Handicapped sticker on their vehicle may use any marked space on the campus, including those marked Handicapped, except those areas with red or yellow curbs.
- No vehicle other than an emergency vehicle may park along red curbs or in striped areas. These are fire-hazard and safety zones, and violators will be towed away without warning at the driver’s expense.
- No vehicle may be parked in driveways, where signs indicate No Parking, or in areas not specifically marked for parking.
Parking of Motorcycles, Mopeds, and Bicycles
- Students are urged to exercise care in securing their personal property, including motor vehicles, bicycles, mopeds, and motorcycles.
- Motorcycles and mopeds may be parked only in spaces marked with white crossbars. Bicycles may be parked in existing bike racks only. Mopeds, bicycles and/or motorcycles that are found chained or affixed to trees, buildings, or light posts are subject to having their chains cut and being removed to the Public Safety Department. Owners will be responsible for the cost of the lock or cut chain.