SMCC Public Safety staff members conduct foot and vehicular patrols of the campus 24 hours a day. As a regular part of their patrol duties, they look for any safety problems, such as defective lighting; inoperative doors and locks; broken sidewalks, steps, and handrails; or any other conditions which might detract from safety and well-being. Staff members are trained in emergency procedures, first-aid and CPR.
Other services provided by SMCC Public Safety include:
- Vehicle battery jump starts.
- Assistance in opening locked vehicles.
- Escort service to and from your vehicle upon request.
- Campus parking management.
- Making emergency notifications.
- Overseeing lost and found items (unclaimed articles are kept for no more than 60 days).
- Coordinating dispatch, servicing, and utilization of all college-owned vehicles.
- Rendering first-aid.
- Making and issuing all campus keys.