Welcome to Testing Services!
We are excited to support the proctoring needs of you and your students and hope that you find the following information valuable.
This service is offered to any student who misses a regularly scheduled exam and/or has accommodations authorized by Disability Resources and Services.
Due to limited resources, we are unable to support full class testing.
Essential Information for Faculty
How do I submit directions for my exam?
- Faculty must submit an Instructions For Test Administration Form (IFTA) to Testing Center staff in order for a student to complete an exam in the Testing Center.
- Faculty can obtain hard copies directly from the Testing Center or you can access an editable PDF on Inside South (southmountaincc.edu > Under Instructional Support > Academics)
- IFTAs may be submitted in-person or via email to firstname.lastname@example.org from your South Mountain Community College employee email.
- Testing Services staff are unable to administer exams where there is no IFTA on file or if the IFTA is incomplete.
- The exam and any required supplemental materials must be submitted with the IFTA.
- Testing Services will print up to 3 copies of an exam, more than 3 copies must be delivered in-person or via inter-campus mail.
- To minimize printing problems, please send the exam(s) and resources (charts, graphs, etc.) in .pdf format whenever possible.
- For exams submitted via email, please use the naming convention to ensure we can match your exam to your directions: Name_course_section_test (Example: Smith_ENG102_#12345_Exam1)
- Testing Services will send you a confirmation email when we receive your exam.
- Upon completion, Testing Services will store your exam(s) in a secure manner; you may pick them up at your convenience during testing center hours (staff is in office from 8 a.m. to 5 p.m. Monday through Friday and until 6 p.m. on Wednesdays and Thursdays).
- Testing Services staff can utilize on campus mail services to deliver your exams in a sealed envelope to your employee mailbox. Please note this on the Instructions for Test Administration Form (IFTA).
- You may designate another South Mountain Community College employee to pick up your exams, please note this on the Instructions for Test Administration Form (IFTA).
- Anyone picking up exams will need to provide photo identification to Testing Center staff.
- If you have any questions or concerns, please do not hesitate to contact us at 602.243.8188 or email@example.com.
Essential Information for Students
- Academic testing is available to South Mountain Community College students who have made accommodations with their faculty to complete an exam in the Testing Center.
- Testing is available on a walk-in basis at the following days and times. It is vital that students communicate with their faculty to ensure that they can complete their exams in a timely manner.
- In order to test, your faculty member must submit their exam to the Testing Center.
- Upon check-in, students must present a current, valid photo ID.
Mondays: 9:00 AM – 2:00 PM*
Tuesdays: 9:00 AM – 2:00 PM*
Wednesdays: 9:00 AM – 3:00 PM*
Thursdays: 9:00 AM – 3:00 PM*
Fridays: 10:00 AM – 2:00 PM*
*The end time represents the latest time that a student could begin a testing session. Testing staff reserve the right to set up testing sessions to accommodate hours of operation.
Any student who is registered with the Disability Resources & Services Office and has received authorization for an ADA exam accommodation that includes a reader/scribe or specialized equipment should make their arrangements with the Disability Resources and Services Office through DRS Connect.
The only accommodation that Testing Staff can provide in the Testing Center to DRS students is more time in our testing environment. DRS students are allowed to test in our Testing Center (without DRS accommodations) if they elect to.
We appreciate your feedback
If you have any questions, concerns or suggestions please let us know. Testing Services is located on the second floor of the Technology Center (TC) building. You may reach us by phone at 602.243.8188 or email at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Testing Center Policies
- Testing Center hours and schedules are subject to change without notice.
- The Testing Center does not distribute or collect notes, homework, projects, formulas or tutoring logs.
- The minimum time required for testing is 1 hour.
- All testing must be completed 15 minutes before the Testing Center closes.
- Tests without accompanying completed IFTA forms will not be accepted.
- Incomplete IFTAs will delay your students from being able to take your test.
- Tests brought in by students will not be accepted.
- Tests will not be administered if the student has the password.
- There are no charges to take exams for courses taken at SMCC
- Students seeking to take an exam for a course at any other school (including other Maricopa Colleges) will be required to pay a $25 test administration fee.