Testing Services provides faculty-approved make-up testing for students who have missed a classroom test due to illness, emergency, or an excused absence.
Make-up testing is administered at the following:
Technology Center, TC 243
South Mountain Community College
7050 South 24th Street
Phoenix, AZ 85042
E-mail address: firstname.lastname@example.org
Make-up Testing Schedule and Instructions
Tests are administered on a first come/first served basis by the following schedule:
Valid Photo ID & College Student ID# is required for all testing.
|Block 1||1:00 PM||2:00 PM||8:30 AM||8:30 AM|
|Block 2||2:30 PM||3:30 PM||9:45 AM||9:45 AM||2:00 PM|
Schedule is subject to change without notice.
The make-up testing schedule is subject to change without notice.
The SMCC Testing Center is closed on holidays, winter break, spring break and Fridays during the summer hours.
Tips for SMCC Students
- On testing day, students must provide valid photo identification.
- On testing day, students must also provide their 8-digit Maricopa student ID number.
- Breaks are not allowed during testing. If you leave, you will not be allowed to resume testing.
- Talking with other students is not allowed in the testing room.
- Children are not allowed in the Testing Center and may not be left unattended outside of the Testing Center.
- Testing Services does not accept or collect homework, tutoring logs or notes.
Unapproved items must be stored in Testing Center lockers or outside of the Testing Center.
Students are responsible for their personal possessions.
Unapproved items include the following:
- All electronic devices, including cell phones, calculators, and watches.
- All listening, communication, copying and photographic devices or laptops.
- Dictionaries, books, pamphlets or reference materials, textbooks, notes.
- Food and beverages, including water bottles, beverages; nicotine products.
- Head-coverings (unless worn as a religious requirement).
- Book-bags, purses, handbags or luggage; skateboards, and sunglasses.
- Any other unauthorized testing aids.
If you are discovered using unauthorized items or testing aids, displaying inappropriate behavior, or using inappropriate language, the staff will stop your testing session and the incident will be reported to your instructor and/or the appropriate official.