How to Reduce Test Anxiety
Reduce test anxiety with some of the following suggestions:
- Be well prepared for the test. Space out your studying over a few days or weeks.
- Take care of yourself. Get a good night’s sleep and eat before taking a test.
- Show up early to take the test so you won’t have to worry about being late.
- When you begin to stress, take a few deep breaths slowly to help relax yourself.
- If others finish their test early, don’t worry, this does not mean they know the answers.
SMCC students that need help with test anxiety may contact their Counselors at the Student Services Building SS114 or by calling (602)305-5608 for an appointment.