Become a Leader
Build Confidence • Gain Experience • Make a Difference
The Student Governance Board strives to promote and provide programs, services, and events for the students and staff of South Mountain Community College.
- Inform students of the Student Governance Board (SGB) and its mission.
- Involve students in the overall planning of Student Life & Leadership Programs.
- Provide educational program opportunities throughout the year.
- Maintain records of Board meetings.
- Maintain the budget of the Board.
- Chair: Naomi Dominguez - NAO2137414@maricopa.edu
- Co-Chair: Kathye Campos - KAT2268865@maricopa.edu
- Secretary: Rebecca Miranda - REB2158237@maricopa.edu
- Treasurer: Samantha Cabriales - SAM2210440@maricopa.edu
- Public Relations: Jhoana Calvo Gomez - JHO2117767@maricopa.edu
Student Governance Committee
2021-2022 Student Governance Board Meeting Schedule!
Student Governance Board Meetings will be held Thursdays
3:00 - 4:00 pm
- September 2
- September 16
- September 30
- October 14
- October 28
- November 18
- December 2
- February 3
- February 17
- March 3
- March 31
- April 14
- April 28
Inter-Club Council Meetings
2021-2022 Inter Club Council Meeting Schedule!
Inter Club Council Meetings will be held on Tuesdays
Via Google Meet
1:00 – 2:00 pm
- August 31
- September 14
- September 28
- October 12
- October 26
- November 9
- November 23
- December 7
- February 1
- February 15
- March 1
- March 29
- April 12
- April 26
Each year, Student Life & Leadership Offices throughout the Maricopa Community College District host a three-day retreat designed to strengthen the leadership, life, and wellness skills of students.
This is a great opportunity to meet students from other colleges around the District and learn valuable leadership skills. It is a weekend filled with fun, friends, and new experiences. We encourage all current or hopeful student leaders to apply!