The Certificate of Completion (CCL) in Retail Management is designed to prepare individuals working in the retail industry, and related fields, for the industry training needs in supervision and management, marketing, financial management, and business planning. The curriculum encompasses several business essentials and also emphasizes the skill sets needed for effective management and communication in the work environment. An Associate in Applied Science (AAS) in Retail Management is also available.
Students must earn a grade of C or better required for all courses within the program.
|Course #||Course Title||Credits|
|ACC111||Accounting Principles I (3) OR|
|ACC211||Financial Accounting (3)||3|
|BPC110||Computer Usage and Applications (3) OR|
|CIS105||Survey of Computer Information Systems (3)||3|
|COM100||Introduction to Human Communication||3|
|MGT251||Human Relations in Business||3|
|MGT101||Techniques of Supervision (3) OR|
|MGT229||Management and Leadership I (3)||3|
|MGT180||Retail Management (3) OR|
|MGT276||Personnel/Human Resources Management||3|
|MKT271||Principles of Marketing||3|
- Demonstrate skills in leading, negotiating, and working in harmony with others in a business setting. (MGT101, MGT229, MGT251)
- Apply fundamental concepts to perform basic computing skills and technology operations. (BPC110, CIS105)
- Demonstrate communication principles and critical thinking through written and oral formats. (COM100)
- Evaluate various leadership styles and management techniques and explain their use in contemporary business settings. (MGT101, MGT229, MGT251)
- Apply marketing principles to the development of a marketing strategy. (MKT268, MKT271)
- Evaluate current trends in human resource management and human resource needs to develop a human resource plan. (MGT251, MGT276)
- Interpret and analyze financial information and financial performance measures to make business decisions. (ACC111, ACC211)
- Evaluate merchandising, financial planning, and strategy in the industry to make business decisions. (MGT180, MKT268)
- Create and present a strategic plan for a business, including financial strategy and financial performance measures. (MGT180)
At Maricopa, we strive to provide you with accurate information about this degree or certificate. However, the information above represents current requirements for the academic year and may change as the result of the curricular process. This course list does not represent a contract, nor does it guarantee course availability. If you are interested in pursuing this degree or certificate, we encourage you to meet with an advisor to discuss the requirements at your college for the appropriate catalog year.