The Certificate of Completion (CCL) in Small Business Management Level I program is designed to meet the needs of individuals who wish to own and/or manage a small business. Prepares students to acquire the skills, tools and knowledge necessary for successful start-up and operations of a business.
DetailsImportant information you’ll need when applying for admission:
This program is not eligible for Title IV Federal Financial Aid.
Students must earn a grade of C or better required for all courses within the program.
- Prepare a business plan and budget to develop a comprehensive action, operations, and strategic plans. (EPS195, MGT253, SBS200, SBS216)
- Apply basic accounting, finance, and marketing principles in a small business environment. (MKT271, MGT253, SBS202, SBS203, SBS204, SBS220, SBS230)
- Create and use effective oral, written, and visual business communication skills. (MKT271, MGT253, SBS200, SBS204, SBS213, SBS214, SBS220)
- Describe effective staff planning, personnel cost control, and discipline methods. (EPS195, MGT253, SBS200, SBS213, SBS216)
- Apply problem-solving processes to problems in small business daily operations. (EPS195, MGT253, SBS200, SBS213, SBS216)
|Course #||Course Title||Credits|
|EPS195||Business Start-Up and Planning (2) OR|
|SBS216||Planning for a Small Business (2) OR|
|MGT253||Owning and Operating a Small Business (3)||2-3|
|SBS200||Small Business Operations||2|
|SBS202||Small Business Bookkeeping and Tax Preparation (1) AND|
|SBS203||Financing and Cash Management for a Small Business (1) OR|
|SBS230||Financial and Tax Management for Small Business (2)||2|
|SBS204||Small Business Marketing and Advertising (2) OR|
|SBS220||Internet Marketing for Small Business (2) OR|
|MKT271||Principles of Marketing (3)||2-3|
|SBS213||Hiring and Managing Employees||1|
|SBS214||Small Business Customer Relations||1|
At Maricopa, we strive to provide you with accurate and current information about our degree and certificate offerings. Due to the dynamic nature of the curriculum process, course and program information is subject to change. As a result, the course list associated with this degree or certificate on this site does not represent a contract, nor does it guarantee course availability. If you are interested in pursuing this degree or certificate, we encourage you to meet with an advisor to discuss the requirements at your college for the appropriate catalog year.