The Certificate of Completion (CCL) in Adobe Foundations: Audio and Video Production program helps prepare students to edit and enhance video, sound, and special effects for online and broadcast delivery. A Certificate of Completion in Adobe Foundations: Animation and Graphics Production and an Associate in Applied Science (AAS) in Web Design and Development are also available.
This program is not eligible for Title IV Federal Financial Aid.
Students must earn a grade of C or better in all courses required within the program.
Courses within any of the following prefixes must be taken within five (5) years prior to completion of the program to be applied toward this award: AIM, BPC, CIS, CLD, CNT, CSC, ITS, and MST.
This pathway map will help you gain the expertise needed to:
- Enhance audio and video content using multiple techniques.
- Create and edit audio and video special effects.
- Practice legal and ethical standards related to audio and video production and use.
- Prepare audio and video assets to address audience needs.
- Describe project management tasks, responsibilities, and communication workflow.
Successful completion of this certificate may lead to employment in a variety of different occupations and industries. Below are examples of related occupations with associated Arizona-based annual median wages* for this program. Education requirements vary for the occupations listed below, so you may need further education or degrees in order to qualify for some of these jobs and earn the related salaries. Please visit with an academic advisor and/or program director for additional information.
Film and Video Editors
Web Developers and Digital Interface Designers
- Multimedia Artists and Animators
The following is the suggested course sequence by term. Please keep in mind:
- Students should meet with an academic advisor to develop an individual education plan that meets their academic and career goals. Use the Pathway Planner tool in your Student Center to manage your plan.
- The course sequence is laid out by suggested term and may be affected when students enter the program at different times of the year.
- Initial course placement is determined by current district placement measures and/or completion of 100-200 level course and/or program requirements.
- Degree and transfer seeking students may be required to successfully complete a MCCCD First Year Experience Course (FYE) within the first two semesters at a MCCCD College. Courses include FYE101 and FYE103. Course offerings will vary by college. See an academic, program, or faculty advisor for details.
Part-time status is 11 credit hours or less.
|Course Number||Course Name||Requisites||Notes||Area||Credits|
|CIS120DA or |
|Introduction to Adobe Premiere or Introduction to Digital Video Editing||3|
|CIS120DL||Introduction to Adobe After Effects||Prerequisites: A grade of C or better in CIS120DA, or CIS120DK, or permission of Instructor.||3|
|CIS120DO||Introduction to Adobe Audition||3|
Students must earn a grade of C or better for all courses required within the program.
Course Sequence total credits may differ from the program information located on the MCCCD curriculum website due to program and system design.
This certificate is not eligible for Title IV Federal Financial Aid.
View MCCCD’s curriculum website for the Certificate of Completion in Adobe Foundations: Audio and Video Production (https://aztransmac2.asu.edu/cgi-bin/WebObjects/MCCCD.woa/wa/freeForm?id=165305).
At Maricopa, we strive to provide you with accurate and current information about our degree and certificate offerings. Due to the dynamic nature of the curriculum process, course and program information is subject to change. As a result, the course list associated with this degree or certificate on this site does not represent a contract, nor does it guarantee course availability. If you are interested in pursuing this degree or certificate, we encourage you to meet with an advisor to discuss the requirements at your college for the appropriate catalog year.