The Certificate of Completion (CCL) in Cross-Platform App Development prepares students for employment in entry-level coding, programming, and software development positions with an emphasis on Windows Mobile apps and web apps. This CCL will help students prepare to take the Microsoft Technology Associate (MTA) Software Development Fundamentals C# certification. Courses in this certificate can apply toward the Associate in Applied Science (AAS) in Mobile App Development and Certificate of Completion (CCL) in Mobile App Development.
Students must earn a grade of C or better in all courses within the program.
Program requirements for CCL/5833N Windows App Development and CCL/5835N Web App Development may be taken in the CCL/5067 Cross-Platform App Development.
Courses within any of the following prefixes must be taken within five (5) years prior to completion of the program to be applied toward this award: AIM, BPC, CIS, CLD, CNT, CSC, ITS, and MST.
This pathway map will help you gain the expertise needed to:
- Design and develop a user interface that utilizes professional UI/UX principles.
- Design and develop applications that meet the client's needs utilizing the appropriate controls for the appropriate platform.
- Develop effective, efficient, tested code that meets specifications.
- Analyze problems using critical thinking skills and design program solutions.
- Research and evaluate professional resources to effectively apply them to a problem.
- Communicate in varied settings, both orally and in writing, in a culturally responsive manner to function well in a diverse and collaborative team environment.
- Practice industry accepted professional and ethical behavior.
Successful completion of this certificate may lead to employment in a variety of different occupations and industries. Below are examples of related occupations with associated Arizona-based annual median wages* for this program. Education requirements vary for the occupations listed below, so you may need further education or degrees in order to qualify for some of these jobs and earn the related salaries. Please visit with an academic advisor and/or program director for additional information.
Software Developers and Software Quality Assurance Analysts and Testers
Web Developers and Digital Interface Designers
- Computer Programmers
The following is the suggested course sequence by term. Please keep in mind:
- Students should meet with an academic advisor to develop an individual education plan that meets their academic and career goals. Use the Pathway Planner tool in your Student Center to manage your plan.
- The course sequence is laid out by suggested term and may be affected when students enter the program at different times of the year.
- Initial course placement is determined by current district placement measures and/or completion of 100-200 level course and/or program requirements.
- Degree and transfer seeking students may be required to successfully complete a MCCCD First Year Experience Course (FYE) within the first two semesters at a MCCCD College. Courses include AAA/CPD150, AAA/CPD150AC, CPD104, and AAA115/CPD115. Course offerings will vary by college. See an academic, program, or faculty advisor for details.
Part-time status is 11 credit hours or less.
|CIS105||Survey of Computer Information Systems||Critical course OR Permission of Program Director, Department or Division Chair||CS||0–3|
|CIS133DA||Internet/Web Development Level I||Critical course Gateway course||3|
|CIS162AD||C#: Level I||Prerequisites: A grade of C or better in CIS105 or permission of Instructor.||Critical course Gateway course CIS105 must be taken prior to this course or waived or be taken as a co-requisite by permission of Instructor||CS||3|
|CIS165DB or |
|C#/VB.NET: Windows 8 App Development or Xamarin/C# Cross-Platform Development||Prerequisites: A grade of C or better in CIS159 or CIS162AD or permission of Instructor. or Prerequisites: A grade of C or better in CIS162AD, or permission of Instructor.||Critical course||3|
|CIS233DA||Internet/Web Development Level II||Prerequisites: A grade of C or better in CIS133DA or permission of Instructor.||3|
|CIS262AD||C# Level II||Prerequisites: A grade of C or better in CIS162AD, or permission of Instructor.||3|
Gateway Course = Generally the first major-specific course in a pathway.
Critical Course = A course that is highly predictive of future success in a pathway.
Students must earn a grade of C or better for all courses required within the program.
Course Sequence total credits may differ from the program information located on the MCCCD curriculum website due to program and system design.
View MCCCD’s curriculum website for the Certificate of Completion in Cross-Platform App Development (https://aztransmac2.asu.edu/cgi-bin/WebObjects/MCCCD.woa/wa/freeForm?id=165377).
At Maricopa, we strive to provide you with accurate and current information about our degree and certificate offerings. Due to the dynamic nature of the curriculum process, course and program information is subject to change. As a result, the course list associated with this degree or certificate on this site does not represent a contract, nor does it guarantee course availability. If you are interested in pursuing this degree or certificate, we encourage you to meet with an advisor to discuss the requirements at your college for the appropriate catalog year.
The pathway map presented above is for the current catalog year and is the intended pathway map for new students. All previous catalog years for this pathway map are available at the link below.Previous catalog years for Certificate of Completion (CCL) in Cross-Platform App Development