The Certificate of Completion (CCL) in iOS Application Development prepares students for positions in app development for the Apple iPad, iPhone, and Apple Watch series. The program emphasizes knowledge and skills required to design, develop, test, and document structured and object-oriented programs utilizing Swift and Xcode.
This program is not eligible for Title IV Federal Financial Aid.
Students must earn a grade of C or better for all courses required within the program.
|Course #||Course Title||Credits|
|CIS105||Survey of Computer Information Systems (3) OR|
|Permission of Instructor||0-3|
|CIS150AB||Object-Oriented Programming Fundamentals||3|
|CIS165||Introduction to IOS Application Development||3|
|CIS265||Advanced iOS Application Development||3|
- Identify and explain common hardware components of computer systems and describe their uses. (CIS105, CIS150AB)
- Identify different types of software, programming languages, the terminology, networking, social and ethical behaviors and their uses. (CIS105, CIS150AB, CIS165, CIS265)
- Use the Internet to communicate, collaborate, and retrieve information. (CIS105, CIS150AB, CIS165, CIS265)
- Explore system security and privacy issues. (CIS105, CIS150AB, CIS165, CIS265)
- Describe the steps in planning and implementing technology solutions. (CIS105, CIS150AB, CIS165, CIS265)
- Determine when technology is useful and select the appropriate tool(s) and technology resources to address a variety of tasks and problems. (CIS105, CIS150AB, CIS165, CIS265)
- Design console and graphical user interfaces and reports. (CIS150AB, CIS165, CIS265)
- Explain, design, write, test, debug and implement custom apps using the iOS App development process. (CIS150AB, CIS165, CIS265)
- Design a plan to convert programs from Swift types into custom model objects for web requests. (CIS165, CIS265)
- Create networking code in an Xcode project. (CIS265)
- Explain security restrictions and the correlation of App Transport Security (ATP) as it applies to project prototyping. (CIS165, CIS265)
At Maricopa, we strive to provide you with accurate information about this degree or certificate. However, the information above represents current requirements for the academic year and may change as the result of the curricular process. This course list does not represent a contract, nor does it guarantee course availability. If you are interested in pursuing this degree or certificate, we encourage you to meet with an advisor to discuss the requirements at your college for the appropriate catalog year.