The Certificate of Completion (CCL) in Network Administration: Microsoft Windows Server program provides students with background knowledge and skills required for learning the specific tasks and industry recognized standards associated with computer networks and data communications. This program also prepares students to complete the required certification tests for Microsoft Administrator.
This pathway map will help you gain the expertise needed to:
- Administer network using Windows Network Operating System.
- Evaluate, explain, and apply information and skills necessary to design a Microsoft Windows networking services infrastructure design.
- Install, configure, and integrate networks with Microsoft Windows Active Directory service.
- Install, configure, manage, troubleshoot, and support an integrated network infrastructure that uses the Microsoft Windows Server.
The following is the suggested course sequence by term. Please keep in mind:
- The course sequence is laid out by suggested term and may be affected when students enter the program at different times of the year.
- Initial course placement is determined by current district placement measures and/or completion of 100-200 level course and/or program requirements.
- Degree and transfer seeking students may be required to successfully complete a MCCCD First Year Experience Course (FYE) within the first two semesters at a MCCCD College. Courses include AAA/CPD150, AAA/CPD150AC, CPD104, and AAA115/CPD115. Course offerings will vary by college. See an academic, program, or faculty advisor for details.
- Students should meet with an academic advisor about any concerns that may affect course enrollment.
Full-time status is 12 credits to 18 credits per semester.
|MST150++||Any Microsoft Windows MST150 module||RC|
|MST158++||Any Microsoft Windows MST158 module||RC|
|MST155++||Any Microsoft Windows MST155 module||RC|
|MST157++||Any Microsoft Windows MST157 module||RC|
Select 3-4 credits from the following courses to meet the Restricted Elective requirement.
Selected courses will not apply in both the Required Course and Restricted Elective area.
|CIS126++||Any CIS126 Linux Operating System Module||RE|
|CIS197||VMware ESXI Server Enterprise||Prerequisites: A grade of C or better in [CIS105 and (BPC270 or MST150) and (CIS126DL or CIS126RH) and (CIS190 or CNT140AB)] or permission of Instructor.||RE||3|
|CIS238++||Any CIS238 UNIX/Linux System Administration Module||RE|
|CNT+++++||Any CNT Cisco Network Technology Model||RE|
|MST+++++||Any MST Microsoft Technology Module||RE|
Students must earn a grade of "C" or better for all courses required within the program.
Course Sequence total credits may differ from the program information located on the MCCCD curriculum website due to program and system design.
View MCCCD’s curriculum website for the Certificate of Completion in Network Administration: Microsoft Windows Server (http://aztransmac2.asu.edu/cgi-bin/WebObjects/MCCCD.woa/wa/freeForm?id=109668).
At Maricopa, we strive to provide you with accurate and current information about our degree and certificate offerings. Due to the dynamic nature of the curriculum process, course and program information is subject to change. As a result, the course list associated with this degree or certificate on this site does not represent a contract, nor does it guarantee course availability. If you are interested in pursuing this degree or certificate, we encourage you to meet with an advisor to discuss the requirements at your college for the appropriate catalog year.