The Certificate of Completion (CCL) in Web App Development prepares students for employment in entry-level coding, programming, and software development positions with an emphasis on web apps. Courses in this certificate can apply toward the Associate in Applied Science (AAS) in Mobile App Development and Certificates of Completion (CCL) in Mobile App Development and Cross-Platform App Development.
This pathway map will help you gain the expertise needed to:
- Design and develop a user interface that utilizes professional UI/UX principles.
- Design and develop applications that meet the client's needs utilizing the appropriate controls for the appropriate platform.
- Develop effective, efficient, tested code that meets specifications.
- Analyze problems using critical thinking skills and design program solutions.
- Research and evaluate professional resources to effectively apply them to a problem.
- Communicate in varied settings, both orally and in writing, in a culturally responsive manner to function well in a diverse and collaborative team environment.
- Practice industry accepted professional and ethical behavior.
The following is the suggested course sequence by term. Please keep in mind:
- The course sequence is laid out by suggested term and may be affected when students enter the program at different times of the year.
- Initial course placement is determined by current district placement measures and/or completion of 100-200 level course and/or program requirements.
- Degree and transfer seeking students may be required to successfully complete a MCCCD First Year Experience Course (FYE) within the first two semesters at a MCCCD College. Courses include AAA/CPD150, AAA/CPD150AC, CPD104, and AAA115/CPD115. Course offerings will vary by college. See an academic, program, or faculty advisor for details.
- Students should meet with an academic advisor about any concerns that may affect course enrollment.
Full-time status is 12 credits to 18 credits per semester.
|CIS105||Survey of Computer Information Systems||Critical course OR Permission of Program Director, Department or Division Chair||CS||0–3|
|CIS133DA||Internet/Web Development Level I||Critical course Gateway course||3|
|CIS233DA||Internet/Web Development Level II||Prerequisites: A grade of C or better in CIS133DA or permission of Instructor.||3|
Students must earn a grade of "C" or better for all courses required within the program.
Course Sequence total credits may differ from the program information located on the MCCCD curriculum website due to program and system design.
View MCCCD’s program website for the Certificate of Completion in Web App Development (http://aztransmac2.asu.edu/cgi-bin/WebObjects/MCCCD.woa/wa/freeForm?id=145411).
At Maricopa, we strive to provide you with accurate and current information about our degree and certificate offerings. Due to the dynamic nature of the curriculum process, course and program information is subject to change. As a result, the course list associated with this degree or certificate on this site does not represent a contract, nor does it guarantee course availability. If you are interested in pursuing this degree or certificate, we encourage you to meet with an advisor to discuss the requirements at your college for the appropriate catalog year.