The Certificate of Completion (CCL) in Web Foundations introduces students to designing and developing web pages. This CCL prepares students for entry level web positions. Certificates of Completion (CCL) in Web Design and Web Development are available. An Associate in Applied Science (AAS) degree in Web Design/Development is also available.
DetailsImportant information you’ll need when applying for admission:
Students must earn a grade of C or better in each course in the program.
Courses within any of the following prefixes must be taken within five (5) years prior to completion of the program to be applied toward this award: AIM, BPC, CIS, CLD, CNT, CSC, ITS, and MST.
- Integrate knowledge of computer information systems, including security, computer concepts, web delivery system architecture, and file management in web design. (CIS105, CIS133DA, CIS136, CIS166AA, CIS233DA, CIS235)
- Explain the web development life cycle including the planning, designing, developing, testing, publishing, and maintaining of websites. (CIS133DA, CIS136, CIS166AA, CIS233DA, CIS235)
- Utilize best practices in user interaction, user experience, accessibility and search engine optimization to build basic websites. (CIS133DA, CIS136, CIS166AA, CIS233DA)
- Design and implement e-commerce solutions. (CIS105, CIS235)
- Manipulate digital media content. (CIS120DF, CIS136, CIS220DF)
- Construct a website using a content management system. (CIS136)
- Prioritize projects and meet deadlines. (CIS120DF, CIS136, CIS166AA, CIS220DF, CIS235)
- Demonstrate industry accepted professional, legal, and ethical practices. (CIS105, CIS120DF, CIS133DA, CIS136, CIS233DA, CIS235)
- Communicate professionally in formal and informal situations. (CIS105, CIS120DF, CIS133DA, CIS136, CIS166AA, CIS233DA, CIS235)
- Explain the need for collaboration in the web industry. (CIS133DA, CIS233DA)
|Course #||Course Title||Credits|
|CIS105||Survey of Computer Information Systems||3|
|CIS120DF||Adobe Photoshop Level I: Digital Imaging||3|
|CIS133DA||Internet/Web Development Level I||3|
|CIS136||Content Management Systems: WordPress||3|
|CIS233DA||Internet/Web Development Level II||3|
At Maricopa, we strive to provide you with accurate and current information about our degree and certificate offerings. Due to the dynamic nature of the curriculum process, course and program information is subject to change. As a result, the course list associated with this degree or certificate on this site does not represent a contract, nor does it guarantee course availability. If you are interested in pursuing this degree or certificate, we encourage you to meet with an advisor to discuss the requirements at your college for the appropriate catalog year.