The Certificate of Completion (CCL) in Family Child Care Management program provides individuals with a foundation in early childhood care theories, practices and administration. Topics include curriculum development, health and safety guidelines, business procedures, and cognitive and physical development of the young child.
Students must earn a grade of "C" or better in all courses within the program.
This program will be replaced by: CCL/5054 Foundations of Early Childhood Education
|Course #||Course Title||Credits|
|CFS163||Family Child Care: Introduction to Business Management||3|
|CFS164||Family Child Care: Curriculum and Environment||3|
|CFS207||Organization and Community Leadership in Child and Family Organizations||3|
|EED205||The Developing Child: Prenatal to Age Eight||3|
|EED215||Early Learning: Health, Safety, Nutrition and Fitness||3|
|EED260||Early Childhood Infant/Toddler Internship||1|
- Review business management, policies, procedures and economics of a family child care provider. (CFS163, CFS164)
- Prepare age appropriate curriculum for use in multi-age child care environments. (CFS164)
- Examine appropriate health and safety standards, practices, and documentation in early childhood settings. (CFS164, EED215)
- Contrast the major research and theories within the field of child development. (EED205)
- Summarize the cognitive and psychosocial development of the young child. (EED205)
- Describe the physical development of young children and corresponding nutritional and fitness needs. (CFS164, EED205, EED215)
- Analyze organization and community leadership in community-based child and family services organizations. (CFS207)
- Apply early childhood education skills in the early care and education setting. (CFS163, CFS164, CFS207, EED205, EED215, EED260)
At Maricopa, we strive to provide you with accurate and current information about our degree and certificate offerings. Due to the dynamic nature of the curriculum process, course and program information is subject to change. As a result, the course list associated with this degree or certificate on this site does not represent a contract, nor does it guarantee course availability. If you are interested in pursuing this degree or certificate, we encourage you to meet with an advisor to discuss the requirements at your college for the appropriate catalog year.