Hello! We are excited that you are starting your college career at South Mountain Community College.
In our efforts to help prevent the spread of COVID-19, our physical campus is currently closed and classes are being offered online until further notice.
No in-person New Student Orientation sessions are scheduled at this time, but staff are working remotely to help you in your enrollment process, and prepare you for your first semester at SMCC.
If you are a new college student or a recent high school graduate, please complete the online form below. With the information you provide in this form, our SMCC New Student Orientation team and your Field of Interest (FOI) Academic Advisor will help to prepare you for your first semester at SMCC.
Before you begin this form, please ensure that you have completed the following enrollment steps:
You have completed a Student Admissions Application for the semester that you intend to enroll at South Mountain Community College (Step 1: Get Admitted)
You have provided SMCC with a measure to determine your course placement in English, reading comprehension, and mathematics
- Please visit https://www.maricopa.edu/future-students/assessment-placement to review and submit your HS GPA, ACT, SAT, or GED scores or for information on completing the EdReady Diagnostic Assessment at maricopa.edready.org.
- If you have questions about your placement options, please call 602-243-8188 or email email@example.com.
After you complete this form, a staff member will contact you within two business days.
If you would like help in completing this form, please call 602-243-8337 or email firstname.lastname@example.org to speak to a staff member in the First Year Experience & New Student Orientation Department.
You will need to log into this form using your Maricopa Enterprise ID (MEID) and password.
If you experience any difficulty in resetting your password, please contact the SMCC Help Desk at 602-243-8324.
New Students please complete this online form to prepare for New Student Orientation and your initial academic advising session by Field of Interest (FOI)
We are currently using video conferencing through Google Hangouts and WebEx to help you:
- Learn about SMCC's Fields of Interest (FOI): Watch the Fields of Interest overview video.
- Verify your admissions status and complete your enrollment steps at SMCC
- Identify your course placement method
- Learn how to access your Student Center, Canvas, and other online tools
- Review financial aid information and important dates
- Attend a Virtual Financial Aid workshop with Delphina Thomas
- Receive scholarship information
- Set up your virtual advising appointment with your Field of Interest (FOI) Academic Advisor
How can I speak with a member of the Department of First Year Experience and New Student Orientation?
To prepare for your virtual orientation session, please have the following items:
- Student ID, Driver's License or State ID
- Internet Connection
- Access to a laptop or desktop AND phone (iOS or Android)
- Download the Google Hangouts app prior to our meeting OR log into the Google Hangouts invitation that will be emailed to you
- Speakers and microphone