“Students Transformed to Achieving Radiant Success (STARS)” was the brainchild of faculty members Dr. Jerome Garrison and Lorraine Calbow, who decided, in the words of Dr. Garrison, “to stop complaining about there not being enough scholarship dollars for our own students, and start raising it!” It is a South Mountain model of which our college is proud.
Nearly $500,000 has been pledged and contributed, including by our very own faculty and staff.
To date, more than 200 students have been awarded $100,000 in scholarships since the funds reached maturity. These principal funds will give in perpetuity, long after all of us are gone.
Pledge forms are available at the SMCC Student Enrollment Services building. SMCC employees may have contributions deducted from their paychecks, at the following levels:
- $500 pledge over 5 years: $4.16/per pay period
- $1,000 pledge over 5 years: $8.33/per pay period
- $2,000 pledge over 5 years: $16.67/per pay period
- $3,000 pledge over 5 years: $25.00/per pay period
- $5,000 pledge over 5 years: $41.67/per pay period
- $10,000 pledge over 5 years: $83.33/per pay period
Questions? Contact: Inez Moreno-Weinert