Financial Aid Open Sessions
Due to the risk factors associated with the COVID-19 virus, in-person FAFSA workshops are canceled until further notice. We apologize for any inconvenience.
We’re moving our Financial Aid Sessions and appointments online! You will have the opportunity to join SMCC Live FAFSA Q&A Sessions or schedule One-on-One FAFSA Appointments.
We can support you completing your FAFSA and your MCCCD To-Do Items.
Financial Aid Workshops
One-On-One FAFSA Appointments
Schedule a virtual appointment.
Get step-by-step help completing your Free Application for Federal Student Aid (FAFSA)!
Join and complete your FAFSA on a Saturday! Our team will host monthly Saturday sessions to get you started.
02/06 | 9 - 11 am
03/20 | 9 - 11 am
04/17 | 9 - 11 am
05/08 | 9 - 11 am
06/12 | 9 - 11 am
07/10 | 9 - 11 am
To prepare for your virtual appointment or SMCC Live, please have the following items:
- Student ID, Driver's License or State ID
- Internet Connection
- Access to a laptop or desktop AND phone (iOS or Android)
- Download the Google Hangouts app (https://gsuite.google.com/products/meet/) app prior to our meeting
- Speakers and microphone
To complete your FAFSA please have the following:
- FSA ID (Please try logging into your account at: https://fsaid.ed.gov to ensure your password works or click the link to create an FSA for you and/or one of your parents.)
- Access to student and parent email account
- You and your parent(s) social security number (if applicable for parent)
- Your Alien Registration Number (if applicable)
- Your parent(s) date of birth
- Parent(s) month and year they were married/divorced/separated/widowed
- 2017 Federal Tax Returns (if enrolling for summer)
- 2018 Federal Tax Returns (the 2020-2021 FAFSA covers you for Fall 2020, Spring 2021 & Summer 2021)
- 2017 and/or 2018 W-2s (see above for the semester you're enrolling in)
- Records of untaxed income, if applicable
For questions regarding live sessions and general FAFSA, contact:
Financial Aid Outreach Specialist