The College-Level Examination Program® (CLEP®) offers students of all backgrounds the opportunity to receive college credit for what they already know by earning qualifying scores on any of the 34 CLEP examinations. CLEP exams allow people who have acquired comprehensive subject knowledge through independent or prior study, on-the-job training, or cultural pursuits to show that they have acquired college-level material and translate that into college credit.
- Are you Bilingual in English and Spanish? Consider taking the Spanish Language: Levels 1 and 2 You have the opportunity to earn up to 16 college credits through your Spanish language proficiency!
Testing Services at South Mountain Community College is an approved College-Level Examination Program® (CLEP®) testing center.
- Register to test with CLEP (select your exam)
- Pay your CLEP exam fees ($89)
- Select the test site (SMCC) and get a registration ticket
- Schedule a testing appointment with the SMCC Testing Center by signing into ConExEd using your Maricopa Enterprise ID (MEID) and password OR create a guest account
- On the day of your exam, report to the Testing Center, 2nd floor (TC-243) with the Registration ticket, a valid form of ID and the $25 administrative exam proctoring fee we charge to test. This can be paid by cash the day of or with a card (online)