Campus is closed, how can I get help from the tutor?
Subject Area Tutoring Available ONLINE
Monday thru Friday
Mon-Thurs: 8 a.m. - 8 p.m.
Log into our regular check in system and be connected with tutors in live time!
Steps to Get Tutoring:
- Students will still sign in to the LSS system: https://apps.southmountaincc.edu/tutoringsignin/Default.aspx?site=LRC
- You will need to choose "other" in the reason for the visit and enter the subject and an email account for us to connect with you. It is easiest if you use your school email or other gmail account.
- Once we see your request on our end we will invite you to a Google Meet. There will also be a phone number to call into if you do not have a camera.
Guidelines for Students:
- Have the assignment instructions and/or syllabus at the top of your page, ready to screen share.
- Some session will include more than one person and we ask for proper etiquette when addressing staff and others
- We understand that this may not be your preferred way of seeking support but we promise our best efforts to assist you.
- If you have limited access to technology please let us know and we will do our best to help you. Which may include other Google platforms like google docs or sheets.
What about my calculator I checked out? Calculators are normally due the first Monday after finals have completed. Given the current uncertainty on when everyone will be allowed on campus we are extending our due date to July 1. Calculators will be due no sooner than that date and may be extended due to District and Campus closure.
What we can assist with: Concept review, Exam preparation, Lab reports, Math, Chemistry, Biology, CIS, Excel
What we do not assist with: Exams/Quizzes, non-SMCC homework, legal/personal assistance
Sometimes the smartest students at SMCC still have problems succeeding in the classroom.
Getting a college education is not only built around what you learn but how you learn. And that’s where the SMCC Learning Resource Center (LRC) comes in.
The LRC houses a collection of programs and services created specifically to help our students excel.
Having trouble understanding the material or keeping up in your classes? Visit the Learning Center for assistance from any of the tutors who are happy to assist you!
Having trouble expressing your thoughts on paper? Spend some time in our Writing Center—we have experts that can help you sort through your thoughts and find the right words.
The Learning Resource Center is the place to go for all of these and more. We’ve got free workshops every week on a wide variety of topics designed to help.
Still have questions? Don’t be shy, come on by!