The SMCC Learning Center provides free tutoring to all current students, on a drop-in basis.
Tutoring is available for many courses, with an emphasis on math and science; other academic areas are supported upon request.
The Learning Center tutors and staff are available to assist faculty as well. We will come to your classroom to present information about our services.
Out tutors are ITTPC certified
The SMCC Learning Center’s mission is to enhance the academic success of our students by reinforcing and supplementing classroom instruction. We create learning communities in a dynamic, student-centered environment.
We are here to assist you—don’t be shy!
Drop-in services are available during our regular office hours.
Call us at 602.243.8189 if you have questions.
These online resources are available to assist you:
Student Success Skills:
- How to Reduce Test anxiety for SMCC Students
Resources by Subject: BIO (Biology)
Do I need an appointment?
- No appointment is necessary. Drop in anytime—tutoring is available on a first-come, first-served basis.
What are the hours for the Learning Center?
- Hours are subject to change during holidays, and may change periodically to allow for staff training.
Who can use the Learning Center?
- Any student currently enrolled in any South Mountain Community College course. The Learning Center tutors assist with Math, Biology, and a variety of other courses.
Is there a fee for tutoring services?
- No, the Learning Center is a free service for any currently enrolled South Mountain Community College student.
Hours of Operation
Mon-Thurs: 8:00 a.m. – 7:00 p.m.
Fri: 8:00 a.m. - 3:00 p.m.
Mon-Thurs: 8:00a.m. – 7:00 p.m.
*Hours subject to change with holidays and trainings.