The mission of Veterans Services at South Mountain Community College is to act as a liaison between veteran students and the Department of Veterans Affairs for the purposes of certifying veteran educational benefits. The office serves as the primary contact in assisting veterans with completing the necessary paperwork to ensure proper VA educational entitlements. Students are provided with:
- Registration Assistance
- Educational Benefits Information
- Academic Advisement
South Mountain Community College Veterans Services will also make referrals and guide students to other campus resources, including tutoring, personal and career counseling, disability services and financial aid.
Important Contact Information
Important Contact Information
U.S. Department of Veterans Affairs:
- Veterans Crisis Line or if you are in crisis and need to speak with a crisis responder, please call 1-800-273-8255 and Press 1.
- Education and Training – Education Benefits Website
- Phone number: 888-442-4551
- eBenefits – A site where you can manage your benefits, track the status of your benefit claims (compensation, pension, and housing) and your enrollment for education. You can also find your VA letters, official military records with your DD 214, personnel files, and health records.
- WAVE – Enrollment Verification for CH30, 1606
- Phoenix Regional Office – Information and location of the local Phoenix Regional Office.
Arizona Department of Veterans’ Services – AZDVS is not the VA, rather, they work with the VA and other entities, both public and private, to assist our Arizona veterans in gaining access to benefits to which they are entitled. As an Arizona state agency, they assist our veterans in numerous ways. Visit their website for more information.
Request JST's (Joint Service Transcripts)
CLEP – Exams are funded by the United States Government through the Defense Activity for Non-Traditional Education Support (DANTES), which means that you could save money obtaining your degree. Get more Information on CLEP
Federal Department of Veteran Affairs – Health, Compensation, Home Loan, Education, Appeals, Life Insurance, Vocational Rehabilitation & Burial Benefit Information. Get more Information from the VA
Additional Local Support
- Military and Veteran Success Centers – For the East and West Valley
- The Vet Center – Counseling services for veterans and their families, including post-war adjustment assistance. Offices located throughout Arizona.
SMCC Veterans & Friends Community welcomes veterans from all branches of our Armed Forces who have served during times of peace and times of war. The club links veterans and their family members from all branches of military service. The club strives to support veterans by encouraging lifestyle management principles that contribute to success with their academic, community, spiritual, and emotional needs. Such success will lead them to become contributing citizens, and enjoy professional and civic achievement.
Veteran’s Club Contacts:
VFC Main Email: email@example.com