President Richard Daniel, Ph.D., invites inquiries, nominations, and applications for the next Vice President of Academic Affairs for South Mountain Community College (SMCC). The Vice President of Academic Affairs (VPAA) is the chief academic officer of the college. Reporting to the President, the Vice President will work closely with Faculty Senate cabinet officers, Deans, and Department Chairs. The VPAA will join a committed team of senior executives led by a visionary President and supported by excellent faculty and staff, many of whom have been at SMCC for a number of years. The VPAA will promote academic quality and excellence, partner with Student Affairs to support students holistically, and support faculty in the development of new and innovative academic and CTE programs to meet the needs of the communities SMCC serves.
How to Apply:
This is a confidential search process. To ensure full consideration, application materials should be received no later than September 20, 2023. The position will remain open until filled.
To apply go to https://acctsearches.org/current-searches/ and upload your documents.
Candidates will need to have the following information or materials available to complete the application:
- A letter of application (not to exceed 5 pages) that succinctly addresses the opportunities and challenges identified in the Position Profile and demonstrates how the candidate’s experience and professional qualifications prepare them to serve as the Vice President of Student Affairs of South Mountain Community College.
- A current resume including an email address and cellular telephone number.
- A list of eight references: example, two to three supervisors, two to three direct reports, and two to three faculty and/or staff members from current and former institutions.
For additional information, nominations or confidential inquiries please contact:
- Cecilia Cervantes, Ph.D.
ACCT Search Consultant
(651) 795-1992 (m)
Vice President Academic Affairs Search Committee
- C.J. Wurster, Vice President of Academic Affairs, Phoenix Community College, Tri-Chair
- Dr. Dolores Urbieta, Faculty Senate President (AY24), Math Faculty, Tri-Chair
- Dr. Jacqueline Levy, Division Chair Math, Science, & Engineering, Biology Faculty, Tri-Chair
- Liz Warren, Faculty Director, Storytelling Institute
- Sonya Tatum, Administration of Justice Faculty
- Dr. Yvette Espinosa de Escobar, Biology Faculty
- Dr. Carol Smith, English Faculty, Educational Administrator, Guided Pathways/Fields of Interest, Phi Theta Kappa Coordinator
- Jennifer Avila, Reading Faculty, Educational Support Center for Teaching and Learning
- Loida Gutierrez, Spanish Faculty
- Azra Mahmood, Communications Faculty
- Dr. Kimberly Mauldin, Language Arts Division Chair, English Faculty
- Delbert Cole, Technology Support Specialist Supervisor
- Elizabeth Carlon, Student Services Director, Financial Aid
- Kyle Mitchell, Program Analyst Senior, Vice President of Academics Office, Guadalupe Center
- Belinda Gutierrez, Interim Dean of Institutional Research & Development
- Andrea Willeto, Student, Student Government Association Member
- Bryan Darby, Vice President of Strategic Technology Initiatives, QTS Data Centers, Community Member
- Sudipta Biswas, Biology Faculty