President Richard Daniel, Ph.D., invites inquiries, nominations, and applications for the next Vice President of Student Affairs for South Mountain Community College (SMCC). The College is seeking an individual that wants to build and sustain an inclusive and equitable working and learning environment for all students, staff, and faculty. The VPSA works collaboratively with faculty, staff, the President, and his executive team, as well as with system level leadership. The VPSA is dedicated to empowering, enriching, and transforming the lives of students and strengthening the local community through education.
How to Apply:
This is a confidential search process. To ensure full consideration, application materials should be received no later than July 12, 2023. The position will remain open until filled.
To apply go to https://acctsearches.org/current-searches/ and upload your documents. Click here to visit the job posting on the ACCT site.
Candidates will need to have the following information or materials available to complete the application:
- A letter of application (not to exceed 5 pages) that succinctly addresses the opportunities and challenges identified in the Position Profile and demonstrates how the candidate’s experience and professional qualifications prepare them to serve as the Vice President of Academic Affairs of South Mountain Community College.
- A current resume including an email address and cellular telephone number.
- A list of eight references: example, two to three supervisors, two to three direct reports, and two to three faculty and/or staff members from current and former institutions.
For additional information, nominations or confidential inquiries please contact:
- Cecilia Cervantes, Ph.D., ACCT Search Consultant, email@example.com, or 651-795-1992 (mobile)
- Julie Golder, J.D., Vice President of Search Services, ACCT, firstname.lastname@example.org, or 202-384-5816 (mobile)
Vice President Student Affairs Search Committee
- Dr. Jana Schwartz, Vice President of Academic Affairs, Paradise Valley Community College/MCCD, Tri-Chair
- Dr. Cate McNamara, Faculty Senate President (AY23), Librarian, Tri-Chair
- Don Jensen-Bobadilla, Staff Representation Senator, Program Analyst, Tri-Chair
- Dr. Carlos Caire, Division Chair Communications, Fine Arts, Social Sciences, Philosophy Faculty, Faculty Senate Officer
- Maria Bailey Benson, General Business Program Director, Business Faculty
- Shalmeka Sweet, Counseling Faculty, FYE/CPD Coordinator and Student Success Coordinator
- Rosalinda Cota, Student Services Manager, Early College
- Tim Budworth, Associate Vice President, Technology Support Services
- Omar Perez, Student Services Manager, Financial Aid
- Beth Whiteman, Student Services Analyst, Academic Advisement
- Dennis Romero, Student Services Specialist, Admissions, Records, & Registration
- Dana Frasca, Dean of Enrollment Services
- Ray Ostos, MCCD District Director, Student Affairs
- Daniel Duarte, SMCC Student Government President
- Dr. Dani Portillo-Verduzco, Superintendent Roosevelt School District, Community Member