Did you lose your job during the pandemic? Were you or your family’s income impacted by Covid-19?
We have your Route to Relief!
Route to Relief is offered in partnership with the City of Phoenix and assists students whose employment or household income was impacted by the COVID-19 pandemic. It can provide free tuition, monthly stipends, and employment assistance when enrolled in eligible programs across the 10 Maricopa Community Colleges.
What the Program Provides:
- Career navigation services
- Streamlined admission and enrollment
- Up to $5,000 for tuition, books, and fees
- Up to $500 for training-related expenses
- Monthly stipends for the duration of the student’s educational program (up to 6 months)
- $1,500/month for students with a dependent that is 13 years old or younger
- $1,000/month for all other students
- Employment assistance
- Up to $500 for job search expenses upon successful completion
Maricopa County residents eligible for in-state tuition who have been impacted by the COVID-19 pandemic under one of the following circumstances since March 2020:
- Household income is reduced due to lost wages or reduced work hours
- Currently is or has been unemployed
- Qualified for unemployment or pandemic insurance benefits
- Laid off or furloughed from job
- Stopped working to care for a sick household member
- Loss of child or spousal support
- Stopped working to care for children home from school or daycare
Which programs are eligible?
There are more than 100 programs across the 10 Maricopa Community Colleges that are eligible for this funding. These are primarily Fast Track Certificates and short-term programs leading to industry-recognized credentials in high-demand areas!