The DECA team at South Mountain Community College competed at Arizona DECA's Career Development Conference (ACDC) on February 23.
Eight DECA members competed in ACDC's various events to qualify for the International Conference in April.
Competitors from left to right in photo:
- Tyrus Jones competed in the Financial Accounting
- Vanessa Martinez competed in the Financial Accounting
- Tasia Souter competed in the Marketing Management
- Jouselyn Lopez competed in the Travel and Tourism
- Jacob Corbett competed in the Travel and Tourism
- Ha Mai competed in the Financial Accounting
- Shemar Tomlinson competed in the Restaurant and Food Service Management
- Jared Pointer competed in the Corporate Finance
Students competed in various areas with five of them earning 2nd or 3rd place in the competition. Jousleyn Lopez placed 3rd in Travel and Tourism, Shemar Tomlinson placed 2nd in Restaurant and Food Service. Vanessa Martinez placed 2nd, and Tyrus Jones placed 3rd in Financial Accounting, and Jared Pointer placed 3rd in Corporate Finance.
DECA team members competed against other competitors from NAU, ASU, U of A, Grand Canyon University, and other Community Colleges. SMCC is proud of each one of them and their accomplishments this year.