“Students Transformed to Achieving Radiant Success (STARS)” was the brainchild of faculty members Dr. Jerome Garrison and Lorraine Calbow, who decided to take initiative and create a student-directed scholarship fund. Nearly $500,000 has been pledged and contributed, including by SMCC faculty and staff. To date, more than 200 students have been awarded $100,000 in scholarships since the funds reached maturity. These principal funds will give in perpetuity.
For Community members who wish to donate to the STARS scholarship, please use this link.
For SMCC Faculty and Staff, pledge forms are available at the SMCC Student Enrollment Services building. SMCC employees may have contributions deducted from their paychecks, at the following levels:
- $500 pledge over 5 years: $4.16/per pay period
- $1,000 pledge over 5 years: $8.33/per pay period
- $2,000 pledge over 5 years: $16.67/per pay period
- $3,000 pledge over 5 years: $25.00/per pay period
- $5,000 pledge over 5 years: $41.67/per pay period
- $10,000 pledge over 5 years: $83.33/per pay period
Questions? Contact: Inez Moreno-Weinert