Are you looking to transfer in-state to a four-year university? We have all the information you need to transfer to Arizona State University, University of Arizona, Grand Canyon University and Northern Arizona University! Just click the link of the college you're interested in! And if you have any questions, we're here to help! 602-305-5787
General Transfer Information:
There are many universities and scholarships to choose from, and each has its own unique set of guidelines. If a recommendation letter is required for admission or a scholarship application then it is important to read the following helpful tips on the etiquette of requesting a recommendation letter. Remember, a great recommendation letter can serve as a powerful testament to what you as a student have accomplished in your past and future achievements. Recommendation letter guidance follows:
Whom should I ask?
- Choose a faculty member who knows you well!
- No family members or friends.
What is needed?
- Give your reference at least three weeks to write the letter.
- When requesting a recommendation letter, send it in an email with the information you need.
- Add description/information about the school/scholarship you are applying for including deadlines.
- Provide information about yourself (i.e., career interests, resume, projects, transcripts, etc.).
- Ask for an email confirmation from the reference when they have sent it.
- Do you have ______ major?
- What is the cost of attending your institution?
- Do you offer scholarships? What about special scholarships for transfer students?
- What is the GPA needed to be accepted to your institution?
- As a transfer student, will I need to take the SAT or ACT?
- Are the admission requirements the same for the school as they are for the specific major I am interested in?
- How many credits do you accept from SMCC?
- Do you accept students in both the Fall and Spring semesters?