Device Request Guidelines
South Mountain Community College is proud to be able to support students' efforts to complete their education! Students can check out a laptop and their own personal hotspot!
Who is eligible?
- Currently enrolled SMCC students without a computer or access to a computer are eligible to check out a laptop.
- Currently enrolled SMCC students without Internet access are eligible to check out a hotspot.
Borrowing Laptops and Hotspots
- Students must complete and submit the Device Loan Agreement form prior to borrowing any technology.
- Only one laptop and/or one hotspot is allowed per student.
- Borrower must abide by the Maricopa County Community College District (MCCCD) Computer, Internet, and Electronic Communications Policy.
- If a student does not have access to the internet to make this request online, please call 602-243-8324.
Borrowers are responsible for loss, damage and theft of the laptop while in their possession, and must abide by the MCCCD Off Premises Property Loan Agreement.
Please verify the condition of the laptop open receipt and prior to return.
Device Renewal Instructions
Students with laptops and/or hotspots on loan in the current semester will have the ability to renew their loan for an additional semester as long as a student has enrolled in the upcoming semester. The SMCC Help Desk will notify students about the renewal process.
If you need assistance with how to use various programs, please contact the Student Technology Support Team.
This process is managed by the SMCC Technology Support Services Office.