Student Technology Loans
Device Request Guidelines
South Mountain Community College is proud to be able to support students' efforts to complete their education! Students can check out a laptop or an internet hotspot!
Begin the process by completing the Device Request Form.
Who is eligible?
- Currently enrolled SMCC students without a computer or access to a computer are eligible to check out a laptop.
- Currently enrolled SMCC students without Internet access are eligible to check out a hotspot.
Borrowing Laptops and Hotspots
- Students must complete and submit the Device Loan Agreement form prior to borrowing any technology.
- Only one laptop and/or one hotspot is allowed per student.
- Borrower must abide by the Maricopa County Community College District (MCCCD) Computer, Internet, and Electronic Communications Policy.
Borrowers are responsible for loss, damage and theft of the laptop while in their possession, and must abide by the MCCCD Off Premises Property Loan Agreement.
Please verify the condition of the laptop open receipt and prior to return.
TikTok Ban on SMCC Devices and Networks
In April 2023, Arizona Governor Katie Hobbs issued an executive order banning TikTok on all State-owned and State-leased IT and personal devices. Although SMCC falls outside of the state of Arizona’s Executive Order 2023-10, it has been determined that the federal restrictions on TikTok apply to SMCC's systems and devices.
This loaner laptop is intended to support your educational needs while taking classes at SMCC and therefore it has mechanisms in place to block the utilization of TikTok in order to comply with the executive order.
Device Renewal Instructions
Students with laptops and/or hotspots on loan in the current semester will have the ability to renew their loan for an additional semester as long as a student has enrolled in the upcoming semester. If you meet the loaner requirements and you would like to renew your loaner for another semester, please complete the renewal form.
This process is managed by the SMCC Technology Support Services Office.