The SMCC Administrative Services is responsible for several areas critical to the general operations of the college, including many behind-the-scenes functions that are vital to providing an effective and supportive learning environment for our students and a productive work environment for our employees. The Vice President of Organizational Effectiveness & Technology has oversight for the following departments at South Mountain Community College:
- College Business Services, responsible for the college’s financial operations, cashiering, purchasing, property, assets, capital inventory, and budget oversight, third-party vendors such as the bookstore, copy center, and food services.
- College Public Safety, responsible for the health, safety, and compliance of our college community. This office also reports directly to the Maricopa Community College District.
- Facilities Services, responsible for oversight and development of new facilities on campus, as well as maintenance and use of existing buildings.
- Human Resources, responsible for recruiting and staffing, training and development, talent management, and compliance.
- Technology Support Services, responsible for the management of the college’s computer and technology resources.
The Vice President of Academic Affairs provides direct leadership for the following areas:
- College Business Services (Fiscal Services/Budget)
- College Police
- Facilities Reservations & Scheduling
- Facilities Services (Maintenance & Operations)
- Human Resources
- Property Control & Receiving
- Student Business Services (Cashiers)
- Technology Support Services (Help Desk)
- David Bannenberg, Facilities Director
- Timothy Budworth, Associate Vice President
- Shanel Carter, Human Resources Director
- Mark McCain, Fiscal Director
- Larry Naranjo, Police Commander
- Donicio Jensen Bobadilla, Program Analyst
Have a Question?
Dr. Janet L. Ortega
Vice President of Administrative Services
Donicio Jensen Bobadilla