- Start the Military Tuition Assistance application with your Education Service Officer (ESO) from your branch of service, and get approval from your command prior to enrolling. Meet with your education officer or go to your education office for more information.
- Create MEID Account and Apply for Admissions Online: https://admissions.maricopa.edu/
In Person: Complete the Student Admissions Application form. Provide proof of identity to the college for tuition purposes, verify your residency status by providing a government issued ID.
- Activate your Maricopa email by entering your MEID and password at google.maricopa.edu
*All college communications must come through your official student email account.
- Apply for Financial Aid (if applicable)
Apply online every year for financial aid at FAFSA.ed.gov, view available scholarships or review work-study opportunities on campus.
- Order official military and academic transcripts from ALLcolleges previously attended to include CLEP and Dantes. Army, Navy, Marine Corps, and Coast Guard veterans can access transcripts at: https://jst.doded.mil
Air Force at: https://www.my.af.mil/
*All transcript must be mailed directly to: South Mountain Community College Attn: Admissions & Records
- Determine Placement. We now use multiple placement options to determine college course placement for students. Required for all new students.Transferring students see Veterans Academic Advisor before testing. Additional information at:
- Meet with the SMCC Field of Interest Academic Advisor to identify a degree plan, assess your individual needs, and request an education plan
*Bring any transcripts (even unofficial) and questions. Make an appointment here: Academic Advising Appointments
- Attend a New Student Orientation (NSO). This is a great way to get connected to resources and people on campus. Visit the New Student Orientation website for more information on sessions offered by South Mountain Community College. New Student Orientation
- Enroll in classes then submit class information using your specific tuition assistant website or form. You may be required to submit an education plan first. If it is within 35 days before the start of the class, you will need to ask Student Business Services (602-305-5627) for a temporary class hold while you wait for your approval.
Print off approval form and submit to Student Business Services in person or via email to firstname.lastname@example.org.They will put a hold on your class and bill your service for the amount of your classes.